FAQ - Accommodation & Rates
- Do you provide all linen in the Apartment?
- Do you have 24-hour access?
- What happens if we need to CANCEL a booking?
- How often are the Apartments serviced?
- How do we pay for our Accommodation?
- What do we need to bring?
- The Apartments are self-contained, what does that mean?
- Can I cook my own meals in the Apartment?
- Do the Apartments have a balcony?
- What’s the difference between serviced and a self-contained?
- Is there space to entertain my visitors in the complex?
- Can I have extra people stay with me overnight?
- Can my visitors use the facilities in the Apartment complex?
- Can I invite visitors to our Apartment?
- How many people can stay in one Apartment?
- Is there a minimum or maximum stay period?
- Do I need to pay a deposit at time of booking?
- Do you require a security bond?
- What's included in the accommodation package?
Do you provide all linen in the Apartment?
Yes we do. All bed linen, bathroom towels, kitchen tea towels etc. are all provided. If you are coming to stay with us for a Long Stay our mid-week service clean (longer than 7 days) will include new linen supply. If our guests need more linen, just contact Reception and let us know what you need.
All of our Apartments are priced and provided as Fully Self-contained Apartments. This is distinct to serviced apartments.
For all guests staying at Inn Cairns Boutique Apartments, each Apartment has a fully equipped laundry enabling guests to wash the linen during their stay.
Guest preferring to pay for extra or additional linen can arrange this service at a cost with Reception. For all guests staying 7 or more days there is a mid-week service clean provided and this service includes fresh linen.
Do you have 24-hour access?
At check-in, guests are provided with their own Access Key which provides secure access to the Complex (including the car park) and the Apartments 24 hours a day.
For new guests arriving at Reception to check-in, or guests who are checking-out, our Reception Desk is open 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:00am to 5:00pm Saturday and Sunday. On Public Holidays our reception area is open 8:00am to 2:00pm.
We can easily accommodate out of hours check-ins if you’re arriving late or leaving early, just speak to our friendly staff for more information and to make arrangements.
What happens if we need to CANCEL a booking?
We appreciate that sometimes our holiday and/or busines plans don’t always work out. Cancellation fees apply, please read our Book Direct cancellation policy for more information.
How often are the Apartments serviced?
If you are intending to come stay with us for a Long Stay, we will include one midweek service clean per week for any stay 7 or more days. Our fully-equipped, self contained Apartments include a washing machine and dryer so you can wash your linen whenever you choose.
If, on the other hand, you require us to provide you with fresh linen during your stay, there may be an additional charge. Just check with our Reception team if you need more information.
How do we pay for our Accommodation?
Depending on how your accommodation booking is made, we have several payment options.
Booking directly with us over the telephone: you can pay by Credit Card (fees may apply).
Booking with us at Reception … we will accept Cash or you can use Credit/Debit Cards through our EFTPOS facility.
If you’re Booking Direct online via our website – and we recommend you do because there are great specials and savings offered – you can pay directly through our secure online service using your Credit Card or via Paypal.
If you would like to book by phone or email our Reception staff can take payment over the phone.
What do we need to bring?
Whether you’re coming for a Short Stay, a Night Away, a Long Stay, a Holiday or anything in-between all you need to bring is clothes, personal items, maybe your laptop (if you must work), a camera or your mobile, a smile and everything else you need is here for you.
See here for what is included in the Apartment as part of your Accommodation bookings.
The Apartments are self-contained, what does that mean?
A fully equipped, self-contained Apartment is like a home away from home. Just pack your bags and come stay with us. In the self-contained apartments you will find:
- Bedroom – one bedroom with choice of Queen or Twin beds, wardrobe, mirror and TV and all linen (extra bedding available)
- Bathroom – towels, hair dryer, bath and shower, spacious vanity area with storage (complementary bath products on arrival)
- Laundry – automatic washing machine, a washing tub and a dryer (complementary washing products on arrival)
- Kitchen – fully equipped with cutlery, crockery, pots/pans, toaster, coffee plunger and basic dishwashing and cleaning kit (complementary tea, coffee, milk on arrival and tea towels)
- Dining/Lounge area – table and chairs, 3 seater sofa (extra seating available), TV, coffee table
- Balcony with outdoor table and chairs
Self-contained … check in, unpack your bag and take a load off. Enjoy your stay.
Self-contained Apartments are a great option for Long Stays. If you’re coming to Cairns for work, as a Locum, or on business or you are relocating and need temporary/medium-term Accommodation, or maybe you intend to say for a few weeks or longer, staying with us is much easier than going through real estate agents and dealing with leases etc. And we have great Long Stay rates.
Can I cook my own meals in the Apartment?
Yes. That’s the joy of self-contained, fully equipped Apartments at Inn Cairns Boutique Apartments. Each Apartment has a fully equipped kitchen. We provide crockery, cutlery, utensils, pots, pans, frypan, coffee plunger and toaster plus some cleaning items. Kitchens also have a fridge/freezer, dining table and chairs.
When you’re away from home, even when you’re on holidays, it is always good to be able to cook your own favourite meal/foods. There is a large Supermarket across the street, an organic Wholefoods/organic store (The Source) just moments away and the iconic Rusty’s Markets are open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday with local fresh produce, meat, dairy, seafood available.
Do the Apartments have a balcony?
Yes. Each Apartment has a private balcony with outdoor table and chairs. The balcony is a great place to sit and relax after a busy day holidaying (shopping, eating, sailing, snorkelling …) or a busy day working.
What’s the difference between serviced and a self-contained?
With Self-Contained Apartments you look after yourself your way with no daily intrusion from staff into your apartment. It is very much like your home away from home. To welcome you to the Inn Cairns Boutique Apartments there is a starter kit of supplies so you can relax and make a cuppa on arrival but after that you purchase the items you want to have in your apartment. Your apartment includes a separate bedroom, bathroom with laundry facilities, fully equipped kitchen, dining room/lounge area and a private balcony.
Generally speaking rooms or apartments that are serviced each day – like a hotel – cost more as the cost of servicing is built into the cost of your room.
So with Self-contained Apartments you enjoy more freedom and save money!
There’s no better way to shape your holiday the way you want than to take care of yourself. Self-contained Apartments provide privacy, comfort, generally have a better price-point and let you do your own cooking, washing etc. Find out more.
Is there space to entertain my visitors in the complex?
Yes. We have lots of great space for you to access during your stay, with your visitors. The three main areas available:
- Swimming Pool Terrace and weather-proof gazebo and BBQ area with plenty of seating on the 1st floor
- Large Rooftop Garden area on the 6th floor
- Rooftop Relaxation area (nice and quiet, great views) on the 7th floor
In fairness to other guests staying at Inn Cairns Boutique Apartments it is important that the number of visitors be limited to no more than 4 and visitors are welcome onsite between the hours of 8:00 am and 9:00 pm only. For security and Fire Safety reasons please ensure you inform Reception that you will be having visitors onsite communicating the number of visitors and the time they will be onsite. All visitors must register at the reception desk when they arrive and let staff know when they leave.
Please remember that our Reception area must be keep clear at all times so guests arriving, departing and making enquiries can do so without hindrance.
Can I have extra people stay with me overnight?
Yes. Under the Terms & Conditions of your original booking, the Accommodation rate covers a one-bedroom Apartment for 2 people. However the Apartments can accommodation up to 4 persons and we can easily make extra sleeping arrangements if required.
Please notify our Reception staff if you are intending to have extra people stay overnight. See our Rates & Specials page online for details on extra charges.
Can my visitors use the facilities in the Apartment complex?
Yes. Under the guidelines outlined Can I invite visitors to our Apartment? this is permissible. Your must accompany your visitors at all times while they are in the Apartment complex. Remember, the maximum visitors you can have at one time is four (4).
Can I invite visitors to our Apartment?
Yes. We want to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, and catching up with friends and family, and even work colleagues is important. But we ask you to consider our other guests at all times.
Entertaining visitors in your Apartment must not be at the inconvenience of the other guests staying at Inn Cairns Boutique Apartments. Just adhere to some specific rules:
- The maximum number of visitors you can invite to your Apartment must not exceed four (4).
- Visitors can only enter the Apartment or the Apartment Complex during the daytime between 8:00am and 9:00pm. No person who is not a guest is to be onsite before 8:00am or after 9:00pm each day.
- All guest’s visitors arriving at Inn Cairns Boutique Apartments must register their presence onsite with our Reception. It is your responsibility to ensure your visitors are registered with our Front Desk staff prior to entering your Apartment.
- All guest’s visitors must advise our Reception area when they are leaving.
- It is a Fire Safety Requirement that management is made aware of all persons onsite at any given point in time.
How many people can stay in one Apartment?
Our Accommodation Rates cover 2 people in one Apartment. However, our Apartments can easily accommodate up to 4 persons.
Each self-contained Apartment contains one separate bedroom with a Queen or Twin beds, and we can easily accommodate children and extra people. We have a Roll away or Sofa Bed and Cots and High Chairs available to accommodate extra people.
Just Speak to us to confirm your needs and we discuss convenient arrangements with you. Come stay with us [book Direct page] on your next holiday or visit to Cairns and the tropical Far North.
Is there a minimum or maximum stay period?
Not really, naturally we would like you to come stay with us at Inn Cairns Boutique Apartments for at least a few days, or longer. But, there are NO FIXED MINIMUM STAY PERIODS*. You are welcome to stay for one night if that’s what you need. But the MAXIMUM STAY period is set at 3 months. We have great discount packages available for Long Stays – find out more here.
Do I need to pay a deposit at time of booking?
Yes. All Apartment accommodation bookings will be secured by the payment of at least one night’s accommodation at the time of making your booking. This is standard practice throughout the hotel and accommodation industry.
If regrettably, for some reason you are unable to come stay with us, review our Cancellation Policy for more information.
Do you require a security bond?
Yes. At check-in we will ask you to provide your Credit Card for imprint and pre-authorisation.
This is standard practice within the hotel and accommodation industry. If our guests do not have a Credit Card then a Cash Bond of $150 is required. The deposit is refunded as part of the check-out process once the vacated room has been inspected.
What's included in the accommodation package?
Our accommodation rates include:
- One-bedroom fully equipped, self-contained Apartment (choice of Queen or Twin beds).
- 2 people per room per night*.
- Complementary Starter Kit on arrival.
- Linen included (sheets, towels, tea towels etc).
- FREE Wi-Fi for our guests.
- FREE Secure and Undercover Parking for our guests (2.3m clearance catering for 4WD vehicles).
- Full use of complex Facilities – see more details on our Facilities here.
*For more information on extra charges for additional people (more than 2 people in an Apartment), Roll-away or Sofa beds and Cot hire, view our full Rates & Specials information here.
Fully equipped, Self Contained Apartment:
The benefits of choosing a fully equipped, self-contained Inn Cairns Boutique Apartment for your Accommodation include:
- Spacious Lounge area with 3-seater sofa.
- Dining table and 4 chairs.
- Television in lounge area – Foxtel/Cable TV available (sports, movies, music, documentaries)
- Fully equipped, modern Kitchen facilities with
- cutlery, crockery, coffee plunger, toaster
- food preparation equipment (chopping board, vege peeler etc.)
- pots, pans, frypans
- Separate Bedroom – television in bedroom, plenty of storage space for clothes, luggage etc.
- Private Bathroom with Bath and/or Shower (depending on room configuration), also plenty of storage
- Private Balcony with outdoor table and chairs – views across the city or out over to the Cairns hills.
- Private Laundry with Automatic Washing Machine (hot and cold wash cycles), Washing Tub and Clothes Dryer.
- Iron and Ironing Board.
- Bathroom products and a Hair Dryer.
- Wooden shutters on windows/doors helping to keep the temperature down on sunny days, and provide privacy.
- Basic cleaning products and cleaning equipment.
- Swimming Pool Terrace, weather-proof gazebo and seated BBQ area.
- Rooftop Terrace.
We also provide:
- Tour and Car Hire booking services.
- Printing, Photocopy and Fax service (at Reception).
- Luggage Storage area.
- After hours Check-in available by prior arrangement.
- Lift access to all Apartments and Rooftop area.
- One midweek service clean per week (for stays of 7 days or more).
Additional items on request include bedding for one or two additional guests in a Roll-away or Sofa bed. Cot and High Chair hire available.