FAQ - What's Nearby
- Can I have client meetings in the Apartment/Complex?
- What takeaway food delivery services are in Cairns?
- How far are the Apartments from the Cairns Airport?
- Is there Public Transport nearby?
- Is there great shopping in Cairns?
- How far away are the restaurants?
- Where can I buy food?
- What major tourist attractions are nearby?
- How far away is the complex from ...?
Can I have client meetings in the Apartment/Complex?
We fully appreciate that some of you come to Cairns to work (and play, we hope), so yes you can have client meetings in the Apartments.
This request must be discussed and approved by Management prior to the meeting and you are expected to follow the criteria listed below. It is important that Reception is fully aware at all times who is entering the building and for what purpose.
This is vital in terms of ensuring the safety and security of all guests staying at Inn Cairns Boutique Apartments, as well as adhering to Fire Safety Regulations. All the same criteria applies as with inviting other guests to your Apartment.
- The maximum number of visitors you can invite to your Apartment for a client meeting must not exceed four (4).
- Visitors can only enter the Apartment or the Apartment Complex during the daytime between 8:00am and 9:00pm. No person who is not a guest is to be onsite before 8:00am or after 9:00pm each day.
- All guest’s visitors arriving at Inn Cairns Boutique Apartments must register their presence onsite with our Reception and it is your responsibility to ensure all visitors are registered with our Front Desk staff prior to entering your Apartment. Our Reception hours are 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm Saturday and Sunday. On Public Holidays our reception area is open 8:00am to 2:00pm.
- All guest’s visitors must advise our Reception area when they are leaving.
- It is a Fire Safety Requirement that management is made aware of all persons onsite at any given point in time.
If you require more space for your business meeting or gathering while you are in Cairns, we can suggest you contact the following venues to discuss casual meeting room hire.
- Cairns Regional Council / Library buildings in City (151 Abbott Street, Cairns is close by). They also have space at the Gordonvale, Manunda and Stratford branches for meeting rooms to hire, and you can book in advance. See more information here.
- The Boland Centre – 14 spence Street (Cnr Lake Street), Cairns.
- Nintiringanya Conference Centre – 16 McCormack Street, Mooroobool.
This is just a shortlist of what is available, if you have specific requirements don’t hesitate to ask our Reception team for assistance.
What takeaway food delivery services are in Cairns?
There are several to choose from, and don’t forget our central position in Lake Street Cairns puts you close to lots of eateries. Food delivery services you can choose from include:
You can place and order and arrange to have it delivered to our Reception area – for your information our delivery address is 71 Lake Street, Cairns, Queensland 4870.
If our reception area is open, you will be notified when your delivery arrives and you must come down to reception to accept the delivery. For the safety and security of our guests, the delivery person is not permitted past the Reception area.
Don’t forget our Reception Area is open 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm Saturday and Sunday and 8:00am to 2:00pm on Public Holidays.
How far are the Apartments from the Cairns Airport?
Cairns Domestic and International Airport is a short 10 minute drive away from Inn Cairns Boutique Apartments at 71 Lake Street, Cairns. See more information on our Location Map.
We have more travel/transport information for you here.
Is there Public Transport nearby?
Buses are available to take visitors all over the Cairns, Tablelands and Port Douglas region. Translink has a Cairns Centre Terminus in Lake Street, just up from the Apartments.
Translink operates a bus service to and from the Cairns Domestic and International Airport through Airport Link.
Here are some useful Transport links:
- All public bus information is available through TransLink or just ask our friendly staff for assistance.
- Uber operates throughout Cairns
- Cairns Taxi Service operates throughout Cairns.
- TransNorth Bus Service (a privately operated bus service) has bus services to the Tablelands and all the way to Cooktown and Karumba.
Is there great shopping in Cairns?
Cairns Central is just a short stroll away (about 700 metres) and is the largest shopping centre in Far North Queensland. Either walk or drive as there is plenty of parking available. The Centre is fully enclosed (enjoy the stroll even in hot weather) and offers over 180 stores including boutique shops and Myer, Target, Kmart and Coles. The Centre has a Personal Styling Service available if you’re looking for a certain “look”.
More great shopping, fashion boutiques, designer labels, great coffee are all here for you in Cairns. Just take a stroll around the city to discover for yourself:
- The Pier www.thepiercairns.com.au
- Orchid Plaza www.orchidplaza.com.au
- Oceana Walk Arcade www.oceanawalk.com.au
- DFS Galleria www.dfs.com/en/cairns
- Night Markets www.nightmarkets.com.au
And a short drive away
How far away are the restaurants?
Within a short walking distance from Inn Cairns Boutique Apartments in 71 Lake Street you can select from pub-fare, café dining and just about every international cuisine you can imagine.
From food-courts (Asian and Indian takeaways, all-day café food, pizzas, Japanese food) to our One-Hat Restaurant – Tamarind. The hard part is going to be the choice.
It’s just a short 10-minute stroll to the iconic Cairns Esplanade where you can select from a selection of great eateries; and The Pier dining precinct will offer up a wide selection of great food.
Check out The Chambers – Cairns newest dining experience
The Cairns Dining Guide online is a great reference tool for all types of dining opportunities around Cairns, or ask our friendly staff for a recommendation.
Where can I buy food?
All major food outlets are very close by, it just depends on what type of food you want to prepare? Our inner-city Location is close (one street away) from Rusty’s Markets – Cairns iconic fresh food produce markets open Friday, Saturday and Sunday. You can buy some of the region’s best produce from meats to seafood, dairy products, fresh vegetables and fruits of all varieties, herbs and spices and other delicacies.
A large Supermarket is located just across the road and caters to our many national and international visitors so it has a vast array of fresh and prepared foods from just about every cuisine. Their delicatessen and cheese selection are renowned.
Source Foods and the Community Store are within easy walking distance for organic wholefoods. A great selection of local raw honey is on offer along with grains, seeds, nuts, supplements and lots more.
What major tourist attractions are nearby?
When you come stay with us our location at 71 Lake Street is in the heart of the Cairns CBD and is a great jumping point for all kinds of tourist activities. Whether you’re up for an adventure, a family fun time or a relaxing foodie break, we have it all.
Our Reception staff can help you plan your Tour activities, and recommend things to do during your stay. And if you Book Direct on our website you can SAVE 5% off.
Whether you want to do a Great Barrier Reef Tour or a Day Cruise, or you want to drive yourself up to Port Douglas for the day – we can book the Tours and help you hire a car. Just speak to our friendly and helpful staff.
How far away is the complex from ...?
We are located at 71 Lake Street, Cairns – right in the heart of the CBD. Check out our Location Map which will show you just how close we are to major facilities in and around Cairns.
We are within an easy 10 minute walk to the iconic Cairns Esplanade and Lagoon, The Pier dining precinct, major entertainment facilities, Conference Centre, Supermarkets, Food Courts, Shops, Boutiques, Restaurants, fresh produce Markets, Cafes and Bars, some of the best coffee shots in town.
The Cairns Private Hospital and the Cairns Base Hospital are a short taxi ride away (or bus ride); and the Cairns Domestic/International Airport is just a 10 minute drive (5 km) from the Apartment complex.
See more here:
Cairns Performing Arts Centre (note this new complex is due to be officially opened in December 2018. See details here.)
Cairns Central Shopping Centre
Cairns Marlin Marina
Cairns Private Hospital
Cairns Base Hospital
Cairns Convention Centre
and check out Cairns Regional Council website for lots of information on What’s On in Cairns.